This tutorial is about how you can play PSP games from your iPhone! And there is no jailbreak involved. Basically there is an emulator called PPSSPP Emulator, with which you can play PSP games from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This application can be easily installed without any jailbreak, and the method is very easy too. You can load the games via your computer!
Now, here is a list of things that you will need in order to proceed:
- You will need iOS 11 or above on your iDevice. This method will easily work on all devices which includes iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. All iOS devices are supported.
- Next you will need a USB lightning cable. This is the same cable with which you charge your iPhone. Because you will need your iPhone to be connected to your computer.
- The computer you are going to be using must have the latest version of iTunes installed on it. You can either use a PC or Mac, which ever you prefer.
- The last thing you are going to need is a software called iMazing. And the game file of the game you desire to play. The iMazing software will allow you to load the game. Here is a link from which you can download iMazing.
How to Install PSP Emulator:
Emulators cannot be installed from the app store, they are installed from third party stores. In this method we will use Tweakbox:
Step 1: Open Settings from your iPhone and navigate to Safari Settings. Clear your browsing data. This will ease the process of installation.
Step 2: Open this link, from Safari on your iPhone. Or you can copy this URL into your browser: browser.next.tweakboxapp.com
Step 3: Wait for an ad to show up. Now press X from the top left of the screen and navigate to the apps tab at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Now you will need to go inside the tweakbox apps and search for PPSSPP. Select it form the displayed list of applications. Press the red install button from the next page.
Step 5: A new pop-up will appear which will ask for your permission for the installation. Press on install and go back to the home screen. You will notice that a new app will be installed.
Step 6: Allow the app to open. Open Settings and go to General > Profiles. Find the profile which hosts PPSSPP emulator and trust it.
Steps to Play PSP game on your iPhone:
Now connect your iPhone to your computer using the lightning cable.
- If you have not already downloaded the PSP game file, download it. Extract the iso file on your computer.
- Launch the iMazing file on your computer that you previously downloaded. Install it on your computer and open it.
- In the iMazing program, browse through your iPhone. Select your iPhone from the iMazing program and go to the section of applications.
- Look for the PPSSPP Emulator from the list of apps and open Documents inside the emulator.
- Copy and paste the PSP game iso file in this folder. You have to make sure the game file is in iso format.
- Once the game file is completely copid, disconnect your iPhone and proceed to the next section.
Lastly open the PPSSPP Emulator and open Settings, navigate to the tools section and open the developer tools. Here you will find the CPU Core is set to JIT. You will have to change this setting to IR interpreter.
That’s it! you can now successfully play PSP games on our iPhone without jailbreak. Good luck.